- Client interviewing/intake by phone and in person.
- Filing, copying, mail distribution, answering telephones, maintaining legal files and client records, calendaring and time-keeping system.
- Monitoring and accurately maintaining case status through electronic case management system.
- At all times maintain confidentiality and professionalism toward clients, visitors, and other employees.
- Drafting advice letters
- Maintain lobby.
- Ensure compliance with ERLS policies and procedures.
- Transcribe from dictation and work with clients and attorneys in the preparation of cases.
- Other duties which may from time-to-time be assigned by the Executive Director.
- High school or GED equivalent.
- Paralegal certificate preferred but not required.
- Prior law office experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bilingual strongly preferred.
- Type minimum of 50 wpm.
- Excellent computer skills with use of Microsoft products preferred.
- Candidate must be detail oriented, organized and self-motivated.
- Punctual and excellent attendance record.
- Demonstrable sensitivity to the needs and problems of low-income individuals, including the rural poor.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
335 N Main Ave, Suite 200
Sioux Falls, SD 57104